Brow lift surgery, also known as a forehead lift, elevates the brows and improves wrinkles in the upper portion of the temple area and face. This procedure removes excess skin and tightens the tissues to restore a rejuvenated appearance in the forehead, eyebrow and eyelid areas.
Benefits of a Brow Lift
Removes Forehead Wrinkles
Horizontal creases across the forehead are eliminated or minimized to reveal smooth, youthful skin above the eyebrows.
Corrects Frown Lines
Vertical furrows between the brows, known as “frown lines”, are improved to help express a more cheerful facial appearance.
Rejuvenates Your Eyes
Drooping brows that hang over the eyes can make you appear tired or angry. With a brow lift, you can project a more alert, friendly and youthful appearance.
Improves Line of Sight
Excess skin and fatty tissue from the eyebrows can be lifted to correct impaired vision from this overhang hooding the eyelids.
How do I know when I’m ready for a brow lift?
If you would like to experience the benefits of a brow lift, now might be the right time if you:
- Are physically healthy
- Do not smoke
- Have a positive outlook
- Have realistic goals
Types of Brow Lifts
- Utilizes several tiny incisions, resulting in minimal scarring hidden within the hair
- Uses endoscope (thin tube with a camera and light attached) for Dr. Knowling to see and adjust the internal structures
- The result does not depend on skin excision
- Allows for a faster recovery time
- Utilizes an incision hidden along or within the hairline above the forehead
- The skin is lifted to give Dr. Knowling access to adjust the underlying tissues and remove fat, if necessary
- Excess skin is removed, and the new brow position is secured as the incision is sutured together
- Numbness behind the incision to the top of the head may persist for nine to twelve months; and in some cases is permanent
Brow Lift FAQ
A. During your consultation, you will meet with Dr. Knowling for an evaluation and to discuss your goals. He will take into consideration the amount of correction you require and a variety of other factors to help determine the right technique for your individual needs.
A. Facelift surgery, blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), and injectable fillers are often combined with brow lift surgery to achieve complete facial rejuvenation.
A. Sagging brows as well as excess tissue in the eyelids can contribute to vision impairment and drooping in the upper eyelids. Dr. Knowling will assess the contribution of brow descent and skin laxity to your periorbital appearance. Lower eyelid surgery can also be performed to remove excess skin and bags below the eyes.
A. You will be advised to sleep with your back and head elevated for the first five to seven days after the procedure, and mild activities such as walking are encouraged during this time. Most patients can return to work one week after surgery, but strenuous activities and heavy lifting must be avoided for at least four weeks. Dr. Knowling will give you specific instructions to follow after your procedure to ensure the safest and most effective recovery.
Have additional questions about the Brow / Forehead Lift procedure? Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Knowling for further information.